Notice: Pending mods now under review!

By on June 29, 2006 12:48:55 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

kryo

Join Date 05/2003
+410
Mavx and myself have finally been granted library control access, so the backlog of pending mods will now be processed through as we can get to them. It seems some people have complained about not getting any notice about rejections, so just to be safe I'll try to post the mods here that get approved/rejected.

For the record, about the only things that *should* get rejected are obscene or blatant copyright/IP infringement (i.e., photgraphs of actors, soundtracks, video clips, etc.). If it is anything you created yourself or got from public domain/open source sources, it should be fine.

Also, please do not include unchanged graphics, etc, that are arleady in GC2 in your mods (such is just extra downloading for nothing, and potentially makes GC2 content available to those who have not bought the game). In most cases you can simply reference the existing files and it'll work the same.
248 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 3, 2006 1:39:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I don't mean to complain, but how long will it take before my mod is approved and appears in the Library?
July 4, 2006 12:02:16 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Hello?
July 4, 2006 3:46:31 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Sorry, mavx has been approving mods this weekend but he'd left yours to me, and I forgot to check the thread over here! It's now approved.

Just make it an Unofficial site for downloading.

Darth Griffin's website has such a mods archive, though I'm not sure if he plans to maintain it anymore after last week's events. http://www.thegalacticcore.com
July 4, 2006 3:58:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
DK the last one you allowed does not work! DL is for a .gif file not a zip file.

Seems one slipped through buddy!

Mod is the human races mod.
July 4, 2006 4:03:57 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
The human mod is mine, what's wrong with it?
July 4, 2006 4:56:15 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I've had a problem with the zip file but it's now fixed and updated so now I need to get that in the library.
July 4, 2006 10:13:18 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
The file was ok when I checked it, but there seems to be a bug in the library so that files with spaces in their names lose half the name when you download it. For now if you get an extensionless name, just add a .zip on the end. Hopefully the web crew will get to look at it later this week.
July 4, 2006 10:19:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I've had a problem with the zip file but it's now fixed and updated so now I need to get that in the library.

Seems one more update is in order... those bonus pack logos sneaked back in.
July 5, 2006 3:18:24 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I've got rid of the logos so it should now be ready.
July 6, 2006 7:24:05 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
is there any way that the mod checking will be so fast that when I post a mod it will be straight away in the library? ( just kidding )
July 7, 2006 5:25:27 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Can someone please help me I can't get my 2 mods to be with a different picture! I need STAR WARS Cloning Machine to be with this picture:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

but when I try I see that my second mod of STAR WARS Clones at the Ready has the same picture?! so I want that STAR WARS Clones at the Ready picture will stay ,but STAR WARS Cloning Machine should have the picture up there:
what should I do?
thanks.
-Master U
July 7, 2006 7:34:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Simply go edit the mod listing and upload the right picutes, then we'll reapprove it.
July 14, 2006 11:09:26 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
----CORUSCANT MOD BY ME----
it seems that the library is dead and you have no work, but now you got approval to make
July 14, 2006 11:11:07 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
there are alot of mods waiting in the library that for sure

you can't say that anymore....
July 15, 2006 11:26:12 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
----ANOTHER MOD BY ME----
STAR WARS MAP PACK
July 15, 2006 11:42:35 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
zazu: Please check your BSG logo mod. It seems the zip may be corrupt or using some non-standard compression method?
July 15, 2006 5:03:01 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
sorry, I pressed on the "edit" to change it to "misc"
I need to get approved again...  
July 17, 2006 5:17:16 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
----STAR WARS MAP PACK 2 BY ME-----
Another map pack by me
July 19, 2006 5:37:14 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I can't post a mod to the library... I think there is two resons
1. the mod is 16 mb
2. my server is down it always says "Cannot find server"
please need some help here and why is this forum dead??? am I alone in here??? hello somebody???
July 21, 2006 8:35:43 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Much as it may seem so, I don't live on the forum

If you're having technical problems, you should contact Andrew_, T-Man, or Dark-Star. You should be able to catch at least one of them on SDC chat/IRC during business hours.
July 29, 2006 5:49:06 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
You're still infringing on IP rights if you use copyrighted terms, such as Star Wars or Jedi. Lucas could sue Stardock's ass into the ground if that stuff is on an official site.

July 30, 2006 12:15:48 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
united planets of America was mine, ans not only didnt have any material that I didnt make myself, unless the American name or flag is copy writin. I would have liked to know why I spent so much time making something that everyone could use just to have someone through it in the trash. Oh well, I guess I wont waste my time anymore.
July 30, 2006 1:26:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
You're still infringing on IP rights if you use copyrighted terms, such as Star Wars or Jedi. Lucas could sue Stardock's ass into the ground if that stuff is on an official site.

Fan works are generally considered ok so long as the actual content is original, and not copied directly from prior IP sources (I.E., taking screencaps of the movies).

united planets of America was mine, ans not only didnt have any material that I didnt make myself, unless the American name or flag is copy writin. I would have liked to know why I spent so much time making something that everyone could use just to have someone through it in the trash. Oh well, I guess I wont waste my time anymore.

I haven't seen any such mod in the pending list or in those that have been recently rejected. When did you submit this mod?
August 9, 2006 9:59:32 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
so you say that my maps are copyrighted? and if someone form lucas arts will see that he will sue stardock?
August 9, 2006 10:06:14 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
If you have been creating them yourself, they are fine. But if you got them from another source, such as another game or website, I will need to take them down.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time: